Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Prowler

The hours almost up and I'm exhausted. My legs just barely support my own body weight and one more push up would be one too many. Cue Dan the trainer.  "You guys need to be able to pay attention the rest of the day?"

Created by Satan's personal blacksmith The Prowler looks like a mix between a football blocking sled and a BDSM contraption.  It comes with the following instructions:

  1. Push it one way with your lower body 
  2. Push it back again with your upper body.
  3. Repeat
  4. Repeat
  5. ...please make it stop...
  6. Repeat
My will power is in direct relation to who is around me and I'm ok with that.  Mainly because people watching me always brings out my best and leads to situations where I exceed my own preconceived notions of what I can do.  Its my favorite internal high.

Alone in a gym.  There is no way I finish the Prowler.  My pace slowed to a crawl, my knees buckled and fell to the ground multiple times during the last leg. My body quit. But my desire to not disappoint didn't.  I finished.

The next 5 minutes were spent trying to find the best position I could so my body wouldn't implode on itself. Lying down, standing up, sitting.  Like an insomniac trying to fall asleep no position worked. I vomited shortly after. I loved and hated every agonizing second of it.

I dread ever taking on the Prowler again but I know our next meeting will be here soon.  I can't wait to prove myself wrong again.

No comments:

Post a Comment